We are a HeartSmart School!
HeartSmart is a creative approach that we use to build character, emotional health and resilience in children. Equipping children with foundational principles and skills that will improve their mental health and relationships and academic achievement is important to us at Holy Trinity. We want everyone to know that they are loved, cared for and valued. We recognise the value of educating the heart alongside educating the mind. We use HeartSmart to do just that!
Heart Smart is founded on the biblical roots of 1 Corinthians 13 ‘Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.’
We use the 5 key principles which all work together to help build a resilient mindset in children, to make healthy choices in all types of situations. Heart smart is used in our themes and is reflected upon in collective worship flexibility throughout each half term.
• Don’t Forget to Let Love in – Learning how important, valued and loved children are (Love is patient, love is kind).
• Too Much Selfie isn’t Healthy – Exploring the importance of others and how to love them well. (Love doesn’t dishonour others, it is not self-seeking)
• Don’t Hold On to What’s Wrong – Understanding how to process negative emotion and choose forgiveness to restore relationships (Love is not easily angered and it keeps not record of wrongs)
• Fake is a Mistake – Unpacking how to bravely communicate truth and be proud of who we are (Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth)
• ‘No Way Through’ isn’t True – Knowing there is a way through every situation, no matter how impossible it may seem (Love never fails, love always hopes, always protects, always trusts)